Keep your contacts private with BlackBook’s hidden contact list.
BlackBook is so well hidden, that there is no icon to launch it. Users
must type in a customized key-combination on the phones keypad in order
to access their ‘BlackBook’.
Protect your contacts personal information with BlackBook. Sensitive
calls and contacts stay completely hidden on your phone.
** INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS **
Set all Application Permissions to ALLOW for BlackBook.
Do a Battery-Pull to allow a complete restart of the device.
BlackBook does not have an icon. Instead you will use a secret
key-combination to launch it.
To open BlackBook for the first time: Go to your home screen, and
hit the red END CALL button 5 times.
** READ COMPLETLY BEFORE ORDERING **
Operating System Compatibility ( 5.0 )
Currently OS v5.x is not supported. With its release, a bug in the
call logs screen occurred which causes call logs to/from BlackBook
contacts to appear in the public logs. We are currently waiting for the
issue to be resolved.
RIM does not allow third party developers to remove incoming SMS
from the logs. Some users have submitted a work-around for this issue,
which may, or may not work with certain models of phones. Please visit
our webpage for further details.
Upgrading ( Operating System / BlackBook versions )
Before upgrading your operating system, or BlackBook itself you must
export your contacts back to the regular address book. Failing to do so
could result in loss of your BlackBook contacts.
Device Transfer Fee
As of January 1, 2010 – There will be a $1.50usd service charge to
transfer our apps to a new device. This is due to large amounts of bogus
requests for new keys, and problems with piracy. Apps purchased prior
to this date will be grandfathered in, and be allowed one free transfer.
NEW IN BLACKBOOK 1.1
- Added support for multipart Text Messages up to 1400 characters
- Added Option to filter texts from non addressbook contacts when
using firewall workaround
- Added Stealth Mode feature (send to voicemail)
- Added Email Forwarding Capabilities
- Added Support for sending Attachments in emails
- Added support for sending email to multiple addresses
- Added CC and BCC sections to emails
- Added support to call back number from missed call screens
- Added AutoClose feature when backlight goes out
- Added support for newline in notes
- Added Other section to view contact (notes, url, user1 - user4)
- Added Option for a 2 second vibrate alert on incoming messages
- Added support to save all phone number syntax ('s -'s *'s etc.
BlackBook Standard Features:
A completely hidden contact list, only accessible by typing in a
custom secret key-combination.
Fully editable information fields to keep your contacts up-to-date.
User defined filtering for incoming and outgoing: Calls, SMS, PIN,
and EMAIL conversations.
Customizable Fake Caller-Id names for incoming calls.
Import and Export the BlackBook contacts fast, and efficiently.
International calling support